1,000 Books Before Kindergarten - Now Online!
Birth - 6 years old (or until your child enters Kindergarten)
Our goal is to encourage a simple, yet innovative approach to establish strong early literacy skills and to help young children gain the confidence necessary to become strong readers.
The process is EASY!
- Register with this form
- START READING!
- After every 100 Books your child reads, use the Book Log Form to submit that set of 100 books.
- Repeat until you hit 1,000!
- HAVE FUN and ENJOY!
The goal is to read 1,000 books before your child starts Kindergarten. It sounds like a big number, but you'll get there faster than you will believe!
- Count every book that child reads.
- Yes, even the ones that they read over and over and over again. Count each time you read that book!
- Count every book they hear during Storytime (in person or online with us or with other storytellers)!
- Count every book read at daycare or preschool!
When the library reopens we will have a set of prizes for your child! Yes every 100 Books your child earns a new prize or new book! And when they finish their 1,000 Books we have an EXTRA SPECIAL surprise! We will have further instructions regarding that once a date is set in place for our doors to be open again.
Suggested Book Lists
*This program is generously sponsored by the Rotary Club of Cary-Grove.